There are quite a few things that can go wrong with an electrical system. What seems to happen often, though, is those things go wrong at the worst possible times. Fuses don’t blow at 10am on a Tuesday; they blow at 11pm on a Friday night. Your company’s power doesn’t go out at 2pm on a Monday; it goes out at 6am on a Sunday morning. We’ve all had bad things happen outside of traditional business hours, and been left scrambling to get them fixed. Nothing is more frustrating than calling repair service after repair service trying to get an electrician to come out in a timely fashion.
When you have no power, or you see sparking from an outlet, you don’t want to hear, “First thing Monday morning.” Emergencies are just that – emergencies, and they don’t wait for Monday morning. That’s why Electricians On Call is your 24 hour electrician for Melbourne. We aren’t kidding when we say we work around the clock.
General Safety Tips from an Electrician in Melbourne
There are a few common mistakes that people make with electricity in their home or business. Here are a few tips to keep everyone safe:
- Check the cords and plugs of all appliances – especially older ones – before plugging them in to an outlet or extension cord. Cables that are frayed or plugs that are cracked or broken are not safe for use.
- If an outlet is hot, turn off whatever is in the outlet and call an electrician immediately.
- If an outlet or your fuse box is sparking, do not touch it and call an emergency electrician in Melbourne right away.
- Clean the lint filter in your dryer to prevent dryer fires.
- Remove build-up of dust, lint, etc. around the motors of exhaust fans.
- Do not spray anything into an electrical appliance, not even insect spray. It can damage the item and make it hazardous.
- Do not attempt “DIY” electrical repairs. Call an electrician in Melbourne for service.
Quality Service, After Hours
Electricians On Call provides top quality service, even after hours. You don’t have to sacrifice quality work for a quick response time. Every 24/7 electrician in our Melbourne network is A Class licensed and uniformed for your peace of mind. They bring a fully equipped van so most situations can be resolved quickly on-site. Our professional technicians are also Clean Energy Council Accredited, so if you experience problems with your solar panel system, we can help. No job is too big or too small, and we service both residential and commercial customers. No other after hours electrician in Melbourne has access to our expansive network of reliable, professional service. We can get there quickly thanks to a GPS tracking and work flow system that lets us know where our staff is at all times, and which also helps to manage response times efficiently.
When electrical emergencies happen, don’t panic. Pick up the phone and contact Electricians On Call on 1800 815 278.